Are you looking into trying to do some streaming with your Sony a5000 Mirror camera using El Gato Cam Link? One of the problems of this camera is that it doesn't have a clean HDMI output, but with a little walk around we can fix it.
What do you need:
- Download PMCA-GUI - https://github.com/ma1co/Sony-PMCA-RE/releases
- Putty (for Windows) or a Terminal with Telnet installed
- In Settings of the camera, set USB mode to MTP
- Connect Sony a5000 with a USB cable
- Run PMCA-GUI that you just downloaded
- When GUI opens press "Get camera info" to make sure that the camera is connected. The window should display camera model and other info
- Go to "Install App" tab
- Make sure that "Select an app from the app list" is ticked
- From the dropdown chose "OpenMemories: Tweak"
- Press "Install selected app"
- Disconnect the camera from the PC
- In camera go to Menu -> Application List -> OpenMemories: Tweak -> Developer
- Tick "Enable Telnet"
- Go back in the main menu and press on "Wifi settings"
- Press on "Access Point Set"
- Choose your Wifi and enter it's password and connect.
- Go back to OpenMemories: Tweak -> Developer and Tick "Enable Wifi"
- Wait till it connects. It will display (IP address) which you will need later.
- Open a CMD Terminal o Putty that you just downloaded
- In Putty select Telnet and put in host the IP of the camera, as port use 23.
- If you use a normal CMD terminal type "telnet [ip] ". For example "telnet 192.168.2.9". And Press "Enter".
- Now copy these commands in terminal one at a time and press Enter:
bk.elf r 0x01070a47 bk.elf w 0x01070a47 00 bk.elf r 0x01070a47
With this commands we are first Reading (bk.elf r) the 0x01070a47 register responsible for showing the OSD over HDMI and after set this register (bk.elf w) with a write command to 00 to disable the OSD.
The last one is just to check if the last command was successful.
- Disconnect your camera.
- Take your camera. Select "Movie" mode
- Insert HDMI cable. Now your Sony a5000 should have clean HDMI out with 1080p resolution!